Broccoli and Wild Rice Salad
- 1 large broccoli head
- 1 red Pepper
- 1 ear Corn
- 2 large Carrots
- 2 Scallions
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut broccoli and steam. After steaming, let cool.
- Place rice and water in small pot, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low. Cook for 20 minutes until water is absorbed. Once finished, spoon rice onto baking sheet and let cool. Put in refrigerator.
- Dice red pepper
- Peel and dice carrots
- Slice scallions
- Shuck corn and place in medium size pot with water. Bring to a boil, turn off and cover pot for 10 minutes. Strain and let cool. Strain and let cool.
- Carefully use knife to cut corn off cob.
- Mix together pepper, carrots, scallions, corn, cold rice and broccoli.
- Add sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
- Salt and pepper and refrigerate for 1-2 hours
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!