- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/2 romaine head
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Carefully using a knife cut off ends of the orange and peel the skin off. Cut the segments out, place in bowl and repeat for the grapefruit
- Set aside extra juice from the orange and the grapefruit for the dressing
- Cut the bottom off the romaine head and cut lengthwise. Rinse and dry the lettuce and place into 2 serving bowls.
- Cut the citrus into bite size pieces and toss with lettuce
- Cut avocado in half and using a spoon remove the avocado from the skin and dice it up and toss into romaine.
- Top with chopped basil
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!