Cream of Broccoli Potato Soup
- 2 Russet Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 Heads of Broccoli stems and florets chopped
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot melt butter. Add carrots, celery and onion and saute 3-4 minutes, Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Stir in chicken broth and potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium low heat, cover with lid and cook 15 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Carefully add half the soup into blender using a ladle, slowly add the heavy cream to the blender.
- Add puree back into the pot.
- Continue stirring mixture until it comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar and Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!