Cream of Brussels Sprouts Soup
- 1 lb. Fresh from the Start™ Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Celery Rib (stick)
- 1 Large Shallot or Small Leek
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/4-1/2 cups Heavy Cream optional
- Trim off and discard the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts. Chop the sprouts and set them aside.
- Trim and chop the celery; peel and chop the shallot or leek.
- Heat the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Once it melts, add the celery and shallot. Sprinkle with the salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the Brussels sprouts turn a brighter shade of green, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer, cover partially, and cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Use a hand-held immersion blender to completely purée the soup. You can also do this in a blender, just be sure to let the soup cool a bit first, work in batches, Be sure to purée the soup a bit longer than you may think is necessary; you want the final product to be as smooth as possible.
- Stir in the cream, if you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!