Cream of Fresh Asparagus Soup
- 1 lb. Fresh from the Start™ Asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until asparagus is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining chicken broth, and increase the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils.
- Stir in the asparagus puree and the milk.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup
- Add the sour cream mixture and the lemon juice to the soup
- Stir while heating the soup to serving temperature, but don't allow it to boil.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!