Eggplant Meatless Balls
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Chopped Basil
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375* F
- Peel and chop the eggplant into cubes
- In a large saute pan, add olive oil and chopped onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute or until translucent.
- Add the cubed eggplant and cook for 5 minutes. Add water and reduce heat to low and place lid on for 10-15 minutes.
- Once eggplant is cooked, place in a bowl and let cool for 30-45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, add eggplant mixture, egg, cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, red pepper flakes and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well with hands. If the mixture is too wet, add breadcrumbs.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour
- Spoon mixture into balls and form with hands. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Enjoy with homemade sauce and pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!