Hot Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head fresh cauliflower
- 1 1/2 quart Corn Oil
- 1 cup Red Hot
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup seltzer
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into florets
- Make the batter by whisking together corn starch, flour and seltzer with salt and pepper
- In 5-6 quart heavy bottom saucepan, heat oil to 350 degrees
- Dip florets into batter and drop carefully into the hot oil pan
- Leave in the oil 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. Use spider strainer to take out the florets. Place on paper towel to drain the oil.
- In small sauté pan, bring red hot to a simmer and slowly whisk in the butter and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and add as much sauce to taste and toss.
- Move to plate and enjoy with your favorite blue cheese or ranch.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!