- 3 lbs lamb shoulder Cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 medium sized Yellow Onions diced
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 22 oz Guinness
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Thyme
- 6 medium sized Carrots peeled & cut to 1/2"
- 1 1/2 lbs Potatoes peeled & cut to 1/2"
- 1/4 cup Parsley fined chopped for garnish
- Peel & chop carrots, onions, potatoes and garlic (set aside)
- Toss Lamb into 3 tbsp flour with 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in Dutch oven or heavy based pot over med/high heat
- Slowly add lamb pieces into oil and brown well all over
- Remove the browned lamb pieces, put on a plate and repeat this process until all lamb is browned.
- Lower heat to medium/low
- Add 1 tbsp oil, add onions and cook 3 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes
- Slowly pour in Guinness and deglaze the pan
- Add 1 tbsp flour and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add 4 cups beef broth and bay leaves. Stir in thyme, rosemary, potatoes and carrots
- Return the browned lamb
- Add the rest of the beef broth until mixture is fully covered. Cover with lid and cook for 2 hours on simmer
- Remove lid and cook for 30 more minutes until the lamb falls apart
- Make sure the sauce is thick and reduced. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with noodles or plain with bread. Garnish with parsley
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!