- 1 medium russet potato
- 1/4 yellow onion diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Bring small pot of water to boil. Add whole potato and cook for 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Let cook and peel potato
- Saute the onion and garlic in small pan with olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Let cool.
- Grate potato into a bowl.
- Mix in the egg, onion, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for up to an hour before frying.
- In separate bowl mix flour and water to create a "slurry"
- In another bowl add the seasoned breadcrumbs
- Add corn oil to pan on medium low heat
- Form the mixture into balls. One by one coat each ball in the slurry mixture and then into the breadcrumbs. Repeat this twice for each ball.
- Slowly add the breaded balls into the oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place a toothpick in each one
- Serve with a mustard sauce, ketchup or even a yogurt sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!