Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 Cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 Red Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper chopped
- 1 Tbso Olive OIl
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup Black Beans
- 1/4 cup Chick Peas
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and prick with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa, black beans, chick peas, scallions and cook 2-3 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice in half and score the potato and gently remove some of the potato. Mix the potato with the quinoa mixture and spoon back into the potato. Top with cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes. Top with extra scallions.
- Enjoy with some salsa on top, sour cream or avocado.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!