- 1 Quart Fresh from the Start Strawberries
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Butter room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jam
- Lemon Juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Combine and mix all dry ingredients (flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt)
- Use hands to add in butter into dry mixture
- Add 3/4 cup buttermilk, mix in with spatula. Mixture can be lumpy.
- With floured hands, make balls with mixture and move to a non-stick baking sheet (each ball should be slightly larger than a golf ball).
- Bake 13-15 minutes
- Wash and slice berries
- Toss with 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- Add 2 Tablespoons of jam
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Cut cakes in half and add strawberry mixture.
- Add whip cream
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!