Sweet Potato Tots
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 3 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Bring a small pot of water to boil and add whole sweet potato. Boil for 15 minutes or until you can pierce with a fork. You don't want to overcook the sweet potato.
- Let potato cool, under cold water peel with your hands or a peeler.
- Using a box grater, grate the sweet potato carefully into a bowl.
- Mix in egg, corn starch, seasoned breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper
- Using a tablespoon or spoon, form sweets into a small tot and roll it in a bowl of panko crumbs
- Place tots on sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip each tot to get crispy on both sides. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy these sweet potato tots with some honey mustard or ketchup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!